with human connection
Providence Nursing Institute: RN Residency & Fellowship Program
Whether you are a recent graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or you are interested in transitioning to a different nursing specialty, the Providence Nursing Institute supports your professional development, reflecting the highest national standards. We provide an integrated, consistent support structure for mentoring, career guidance and development—to make sure our nurses are reliably prepared, inspired, and challenged in their work.
New graduate RN residency program
Our program for new graduate nurses will provide you the foundation and support to become an expert in your specialty. Learn through a combination of classroom sessions, simulation and authentic patient experiences with the support of experienced preceptors/mentors.
Upon hire, nurse residents will have graduated from an accredited nursing program and typically have less than 12 months of nursing experience.
Experienced RN Fellowship program
If you have been working in the nursing profession but are interested in gaining fresh experience and training in a new RN specialty, you may want to consider our RN fellowship program! Advance your career through a combination of structured curriculum, prepared preceptors and hands-on learning.
- Aims for the highest clinical quality, and patient and nurse safety.
- Supports a nurse’s professional development and effective transition to key specialty roles.
- Is based upon specialty-specific and nationally-recognized standards, and incorporate current evidence.
- Leverages clinical simulation to deliver state-of-the-art, safe learning, grounded in adult learning principles.
- Incorporates comprehensive feedback to measure success and constantly improve.
- Is taught locally, using home facility clinical educators.
- Incorporates trained preceptor support and transition mentors.
- Is ANCC Accredited with Distinction and members of ANCC’s Practice Transition Accreditation Program (PTAP).
The following specialties may be offered:
- Behavioral Health
- Care Management
- Cardiovascular Lab
- Critical Care
- Emergency Department
- Leadership and Nurse Management
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Perioperative Services
There is an amazing depth and breadth of opportunities to explore at our ministries across the west. Whatever your specialty or sub-specialty focus, you can find your future at one of our locations.
Now is your opportunity to join an organization that is as passionate about nursing excellence as it is about patient-centered care.