Providence Health & Services Financial Counselor in Walla Walla, Washington
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
Providence is calling a Financial Counselor ( Cs Financial Assist Wamt , Day Shift, 1 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
• Employee demonstrates knowledge of PSMMC’s policy on Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
• Actively participates in departmental and organization performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and joint commission standards.
• Demonstrates leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC promotes to the communities we serve.
• Participates in hospital and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
• Maintains the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
• Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
• Maintains positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
• Communicates effectively with patients, physicians and staff in a professional manner.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Requires problem solving, decision making and critical thinking.
Requires excellent, organizational, written and verbal communication, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Associate's Degree in a related field
Financial and/or patient assistance experience.
Experience in oncology.
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing/Insurance
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 313640
Providence Health & Services
- Providence Health & Services Jobs