Kadlec Monitor Technician in Richland, Washington
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Monitor Technician to join our growing Intensive Care Unit team located in Richland, WA.
Shift Details: Full time, 0.9. 12-hour day shift. Shifts include weekends.
Unit Secretary Certification preferred.
Arrhythmia detection certification preferred.
1 year patient care environment.
Exeperience with medical terminology
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrate and sustain compliance with Kadlec Caregiver Expectations Standard of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
• Continuously monitors telemetry patient EKG screens for dysrhythmia.
• Recognizes changes in cardiac rhythm and/or life-threatening dysrhythmia and promptly notifies nursing personnel using the chain of command when necessary.
• Obtains rhythm strips at baseline, every twelve hours and prn for telemetry patients each shift and promptly mount and scan into the medical record.
• Attends dysrhythmia recognition class and passes a yearly dysrhythmia test.
• Reports any dysrhythmia to primary nurse promptly.
• Maintains constant communication with the nursing units and the 4RP lead nurse.
• Receives and greets patients, visitors and Medical Center personnel and responds to inquiries with tact and courtesy.
• Maintains Telemetry equipment by appropriately cleaning, storing and reporting maintenance issues.
• Receives and delivers telemetry equipment to the appropriate personnel using proper protection and identification within the tube system.
• Answers the telephone and utilizes the Medical Center communications and telephone systems appropriately.
• Enters data into the computer; operates computers and other office equipment with efficiency.
• Assists in orienting new personnel and physicians to departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitors patient and tracks location when patient is not on the assigned unit.
• Orders supplies and maintains par levels of stock.
• Adheres to standard policies as outlined in department related to infection control, fire and safety, hazardous chemicals, personnel policies and departmental procedures.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Req ID: 318467
- Kadlec Jobs