St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Obstetrics Technician - Obstetrics Acute in Napa, California
We are looking for a Obstetrics Technician for the Obstetrics Acute Department at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Nights
Under the direction of the Shift Lead and/or Nurse Manager, the OB Technician II assists in patient care, birth certificate processes, is responsible for maintaining equipment and supplies, and sets up and scrubs for surgical procedures in the Labor & Delivery Operating Rooms. Responsible for performing clerical, order entry and receptionist duties. Works cooperatively on the nursing team to support patient care. Performs duties under moderate supervision.
• Stocks Maternity Center with supplies for patient care. Informs Director/Shift Lead of equipment and supplies needed in order to meet anticipated, as well as, current needs. Inventories, orders, and stocks supplies for patient care, patient nutritionals in kitchenette, and paperwork to assure availability of supplies in all units in the department.
• Maintain and enforce infant security measures and patient safety efforts in the Maternity Center (e.g. monitoring of visitors, participation in Code Pink drills and alerts, patient ambulation assistance).
• Using aseptic and sterile techniques, sets up instruments and supplies in preparation for vaginal deliveries. Using sterile techniques, prepares operating room and surgical tables for utilization. Scrubs for surgical procedures performed in the labor and delivery operating rooms.
• Enter pregnancy and delivery data into the Automated Vital Statistics System (AVSS) in order to generate birth certificates.
• Under the direction of licensed staff, assists in basic patient comfort/care needs and obtains basic patient data including vital signs. Notifies licensed nurse of any abnormal/unusual finding of patient condition or patient problems.
• Transport delivered mother and healthy neonate to Postpartum Unit and upon discharge. Photograph infants for Website and Growing Families portraits. Performs Hearing Screenings on Newborns.
• Prepare paperwork associated with newborns: birth certificates worksheets, requests for newspaper birth announcements, Website pictures, Paternity Opportunity Program/Declaration of Paternity form.
• Clean specialized equipment utilized in Maternity Center (e.g. incubators, bassinets).
• Has access to or handles medications according to the standards set by the Medical Center.
• Performs excellent Unit secretarial functions as needed, such as answering telephones, stamping and assembling patient charts, entering requests and information into the various data information systems.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer skills and strong Microsoft office skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Organization and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge regarding sterile technique and surgical procedures.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to perform duties independently.
• Ability to problem solve and implement immediate solutions when required.
• Ability to repeatedly change priorities/tasks as needs of the unit change.
• Ability to scrub in emergent OB cases.
• Able to effectively respond in stressful situations/environment.
• Familiar with medical terminology.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Course/Training - Successfully completes QVMC OB Tech I Orientation.
Course/Training - Successfully completes scrub tech training (didactic and hands-on).
Experience: Atleast 6 months Experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Course/Training - Coursework/Training Completion of OR Surgical Tech Program.
Course/Training - Medical Assistant training.
Maternal/ Child clinical experience
Clerical experience in the medical field within the previous 2 years.
For 50 years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has been the premiere medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long history of providing high quality and caring service is founded on four core values: Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity. These central principles inspire us to reach out to those in need and to help heal the whole person-mind, body and spirit.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center combines the region's most qualified physicians and staff with the most advanced technology available. Because we have such high standards of care, our programs have been recognized regionally and nationally for their demonstrated success of outcome and care which is par with university hospitals.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Queen of the Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: R334547
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs