St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health NA II - SICU - S2 - On call - Days in Lubbock, Texas
Covenant Health is seeking an on call, day shift Nursing Assistant II with the SICU S2 at Covenant Medical Center.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Nursing Assistant II performs the duties of a CNA and Unit Clerk/Monitor Tech as required.
- Certified Nursing Assistant:
• Performs and reports vital signs and immediately reports abnormal values to a licensed nurse.
• Answers patients call lights, relaying information to a licensed nurse promptly.
• Delivers patients' water and meal trays, assisting the patient as necessary under the direction of a licensed nurse.
• Provides patient care related to personal care/hygiene, ambulation and comfort.
• Transports patients, specimens, medicines, blood, X-ray films, CS supplies, and miscellaneous items as directed.
• Follows all infection control policies and procedures as it relates to patients, equipment, supplies, and other miscellaneous items to include cleaning equipment after each patient use.
• Demonstrates knowledge, prioritize and completing transcription of patient data in a timely manner. Accurately and efficiently maintains the medical record.
- Unit Clerk:
• Acts as a receptionist for the nursing station, answering inquiries of general nature through utilization of phone, patient call system, message relaying, and promotion of good working relationships with other hospital personnel.
• Demonstrates knowledge, prioritizing and completing transcription of physician orders and data in a timely manner.
• Answers patient call system promptly and cordially and relays information to nurses immediately.
• Demonstrates efficiency and accuracy in maintaining the medical record including daily chart preparations and posting reports in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates efficiency in performance of clerical duties to ensure efficient daily unit operation.
• Accurately charges and credits patient accounts per unit or department guidelines.
• Demonstrates responsibility for containment of hospital costs and conservation of office supplies; identifies potential cost savings.
• Establishes and maintains a satisfactory physical environment in the nurses station.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Current Nursing Assistant Certification.
BLS (AHA) certification within 30 days of hire.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Coursework/Training - Successful completion of the Unit Clerk Class.
- 1 year of eperience as a Certified Nursing Assistant and/or Unit Clerk.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children’s Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Req ID: R336134
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs