Providence Health & Services Sterile Processing Resource Coordinator - Sterile Processing in Everett, Washington
Providence is calling a Sterile Processing Resource Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Variable Shift) to work in Sterile Processing at Providence Everett Medical Center Everett, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Please Complete this step.
In this position you will:
•Manage, adjust and implement instrument tray additions and changes:
• Works with SPD Supervisors and nurse specialists to make changes to count sheets.
• Obtains pricing information and orders instrumentation to make the requested changes.
•Performs quality/performance audits:
• Works with SPD Supervisors and SPD manager to implement and evaluate instrument trays, including staff training and performance/quality audits.
• Audits will include instrument inventory compliance and case cart quality audits.
• Reports audit results to SPD Supervisors and SPD Manager.
•Maintains instrument inventory levels:
• Controls and monitors backup instrument stock inventory.
• Controls and monitors supplies and equipment related to instrumentation and computer systems.
• Obtains pricing information and orders instrumentation.
•Optimizes instrument tracking system and other computer systems in the department:
• Maintains instrument tracking system database, including adding, deleting, and changing count sheets, media files, and instrument and product listings.
• Provides data and analytics to support manager approval for purchase requests.
• Builds and runs reports as requested.
• Optimizes department use of computer systems.
•Maintains instruments and equipment:
• Maintains instruments and equipment through routine maintenance.
• Facilitates repairs of instrumentation and equipment.
• Ensure proper repairs have been made to damaged instruments and equipment.
o Coordinates a loaner replacement if needed.
• Verifies manufacturers’ instructions for use (IFU), regulatory, and hospital policies are being followed.
• Minimizes missing trays by completing incomplete trays.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Current sterile processing tech or surgical tech certification: CRCST, CSPDT or CST
Instrument specialist certification (upon or within 6 months of hire): CIS or CSIS
Minimum of 3 years recent experience in Sterile Processing or Operating Room
Prior experience with an instrument tracking system, such as SPM
Prior experience with Epic
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of 1 year as lead, coordinator or supervisor
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Sterile Processing Techs (Central Services Techs)
Req ID: 300962
Providence Health & Services
- Providence Health & Services Jobs